INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLATIONKeep the planks packaged and stored in a dry and clean environment. Open the packages just before the installation, making sure that the environmental temperature is at least 15°C with the relative humidity level being between 45% and 65%. The subfloor has to be sheltered from environmental humidity infiltration and from condensation development; dry, with a remaining humidity level not higher than 2% for cement screeds and 0.5% for anhydride screeds (measured with the CM instrument in conformity with the standard UNI 10329); solid; sound; without cracks; leveled; clean; dry and not powdery. For installation on underfloor heating systems follow the specific rules. For installation on pre-existing ceramic or marble tiles a proper subfloor preparation is necessary. Do not install on subfloors with old glue traces.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONSDuring the installation phase the wooden floor elements have to be taken out at the same time from the different packs, in order to have a uniform chromatic result.
The subfloor must be clean, sound, well level and dry. It’s necessary to verify the moisture content of the subfloor and the environment.
An expansion joint of about 10mm should be left along the floor’s perimeter (which will be covered by the skirting board) to allow the wood flooring natural expansion during settlement.
The glue must be spread only on the subfloor possibly in work lines perpendicular to the sense of the wood strip/plank to each other with a notched trowel and not the on sides of the strips/planks.
Use exclusively specific adhesives for pre-finished engineered wooden floors, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
During the installation phase eventual glue traces on the wooden floor surface must be immediately removed without rubbing the wooden floor surface.
It’s recommended to not let catalyse the glue, because the removing of the same with continuos rubbing of the surface could damage the floor (shiny spots).
After the installation the wooden floor surface has to be well cleaned, removing all glue spots or further dirt contamination.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS FOR THE INSTALLATION AND THE MAINTENANCE OF THE WOODEN FLOOR: HUMIDITY: 45%-65%; TEMPERATURE 18-22°C.
USE AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONSThe wood is a natural and live material and is subject to natural deformations. In case the environmental conditions are not those mentioned above, there could be deformations of the wooden elements. In particular, the wide planks due to their big dimensions, could be subject to extreme deformations, if not properly stored.
The wooden floor, if well maintained, will reward you with a warm, elegant and comfortable atmosphere.
For best maintenance of your wooden floors some care is necessary:
• Keep an environmental temperature between +18°C and +22°C, never below +10°C.
• The environmental relative humidity level has to be between 45% and 65%. Humidity levels over the one above mentioned may cause wood swelling; lower humidity levels may cause gaps and shrinkage between elements. During winter, it is suggested to check the environmental humidity and, in case it is too dry, make use of an air moistener.
• Avoid to overload small areas of the wooden floors.
• Just after the installation, in order to have a uniform wooden oxidation, we suggest to avoid covering the floor with any kind of carpets or similar items.
• In case of installation on heating floor system pay attention to its adjustment and functioning with a maximum heating temperature of the liquid in the pipes of about +30°C, so that the wooden floor temperature does not exceed +27°C, confirming the conditions mentioned in the points 1 and 2. Eventual
gaps, that could appear between the floor elements, are due to a progressive shrinkage caused by wood dehydration, and shall not be considered as defects.
• Put a clean doormat outside the main entrance and before walking on the floor pay attention to remove dust and abrasive particles from shoes soles in order to avoid scratches or damage on the floor surface. Pay attention to pets in the House.
• Damp mop the floor only. Be sure to avoid excessive amounts of water (see cleaning instructions below).
- Laminate floors are easy to clean because dust and dirt do not stick to the surface. All that’s needed for everyday care is a vacuum cleaner or slightly damp cloth. Use neutral detergents specific for cleaning laminate floors. We do not recommend cleaning with water as this could permanently damage the floor.
- To keep WPC Decking beautiful and clean we recommend using water with a little neutral soap, with no need for any other products in particular. Should more thorough cleaning be necessary, you can use diluted bleach, making sure to rinse the decking thoroughly afterwards.